Posted March 29th, 2013 @ 2:57pm
Want to lose 10 pounds in a month? It’s easier than you think! And here's a simple daily guide for weight loss - from the time you wake up, to when you go to sleep:
- Exercise for 11-minutes when you first wake up. New research from Southern Illinois University shows that an intense workout in the morning can help you burn more fat all day long. That’s because jump starting your muscles increases your metabolism, so you’ll burn more calories throughout the day.
- At work, skip the office chair and stand. We’ve talked before about how a growing number of companies offer “standing” desks and using one can help you lose weight! That’s because when you stand, enzymes in the muscles of your legs and rear get switched “off,” telling your body to stop storing fat.
- Start your lunch break with soup. A new study from Penn State found that people ate an average of 135 fewer calories when they started their meals with a broth-based vegetable soup. That’s because eating hot soup forces you to slow down, so you eat less overall.
- Chew some sugarless gum around 2pm. British researchers found that when people chewed gum after lunch, they were 11 percent less likely to give in to midday snack cravings.
- At dinner, use real plates – even if you’re having takeout. According to a new Cornell study, people who eat with real dinnerware tend to think of their food as a “meal,” while people who eat from paper plates tend to think of their food as a “snack.” Why does that matter? Believe it or not, the “real” plate eaters ate an average of 116 fewer calories per meal.