It's the sound of freedom, and it's the sound of the military saluting its honored dead. The 142nd Fighter Wing out of the Portland Air National Guard Base in Portland, Ore., will conduct Memorial Day flyovers for ceremonies at locations throughout Oregon.
Oregon Air National Guard F-15 Eagle fighter jets are scheduled to conduct flyovers at the following community locations at, or around, the designated times on Monday, May 27, 2019.
- 10:10 a.m. Willamette National Cemetery, Portland, Ore.
- 10:15 a.m. Mountain View Cemetery, Oregon City, Ore.
- 10:30 a.m. Downtown District, Wasco, Ore.
- 11:10 a.m. Oregon Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Portland, Ore.
- 11:15 a.m. Veterans Memorial Park, Beaverton, Ore.
All passes will be approximately 1,000 feet above ground level and about 400 mph airspeed. Flights could be canceled or times changed due to inclement weather or operational contingencies.
The Oregon Air National Guard has been an integral part of the nation's air defense since 1941.
Phot by Gerry Metzler