We've enjoyed talking with you about your 2022 dreams and intentions. Pediatricians recommend you also sit down and do this exercise with each of your kids. They can learn to focus on healthy habits and new goals just like adults and that setting intentions and goals can help kids get motivated and give them a sense of accomplishment.
Need some ideas? Try these age-appropriate suggestions from the American Academy of Pediatrics:
- I will try hard to clean up my toys by putting them where they belong.
- I will try new foods when I can, especially all different colors of vegetables.
- I will do my best to be nice to other kids who need a friend or look sad or lonely.
Ages five to 12:
- I will try to find a physical activity (like playing tag, dancing or riding my bike) or a sport I like and do it at least three times a week.
- I will try to save time to read for fun.
- I will do my best to take care of my body through fun physical activity.
- I will try to get 8 to 10 hours of sleep that my body needs each night.
- I will give some of my time to help others, working with community groups or others that help people in need.