26 million Americans reported packages stolen from their front porch last year, and with Cyber Monday shopping those numbers spike. Don't let porch pirates take the fun right out of Christmas this year. From CBS news, here are some holiday hacks to help:
- As long as your boss is okay with it, have packages shipped to you at work so they aren’t left on your doorstep.
- Find friends or neighbors who are home during the day and ask them if they can receive your packages.
- Require that any package you send receive a signature so they are not left at the door.
- Ask the people you are sending packages about the safest way to get things to them.
- Use alternative pickup or delivery options, which can be found at shippers websites.
- Get home security devices, which can be clearly seen to deter thieves.
The US Postal Service plans to deliver 900 million packages this holiday season. Here's what they suggest: