THIS IS BRILLIANT!!!
Looking for a new stuffing recipe for Thanksgiving this year? Red Lobster has one for you that’s Cheddar Bay Biscuit-based. Yes, really! Doesn’t that sound like what stuffing dreams are made of?
The Cheddar Bay Stuffing that you’ll want to devour by the spoonful takes under an hour to make. Obviously, you’ll need Cheddar Bay Biscuits to make it–12 of them or eight cups torn into pieces. You can either order the biscuits from Red Lobster for takeout or delivery before Thanksgiving or stock up on the chain’s biscuit mix at Walmart. The biscuit mix will require a little more effort, but each box costs under $2 and makes eight-to-10 biscuits.
CHEDDAR BAY STUFFING S E R V E S 8 - 1 2 | P R E P 5 M I N . | C O O K 4 5 M I N . |
12 Each or 8 Cups of Cheddar Bay Biscuits (torn into small pieces)
6 Cups of Bread (cut into small cubes)
1 cup of Butter 2 cups yellow onion (diced)
1 cup Celery (diced) ½ cup Carrot (diced)
1 Tsp Dry Sage ½ Tsp Dry Thyme
2 Tbs Fresh Rosemary (chopped)
5 cups Chicken Broth
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Pre heat oven to 300 °F
2. Spread Cheddar Bay Biscuit pieces and cubed bread out on large baking sheet and cook in pre-heated oven for 20-30 minutes stirring occasionally until dry. Cool and reserve in medium size bowl.
Preheat oven to 350 °F.
3. In a medium sauté pan heat butter over medium heat, once melted add onions, celery, carrots and sauté until slightly softened.
4. Stir in herbs, salt and pepper remove from heat, add to reserved Cheddar Bay Biscuit pieces and cubed bread.
5. While gently folding add chicken broth slowly to reserved Cheddar Bay Biscuit pieces, cubed bread, cooked onions, celery, carrots. Taste and adjust seasoning.
6. Layer mixture into a pre-greased 9X13 baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on top
CHECK REDLOBSTER.COM FOR MORE GREAT IDEAS AND RECIPES!