Eighteen-year-old Albany resident Lucius Gentry Wilson III was arraigned Thursday on 12 separate charges, ranging from theft to the murder of an Albany woman, in connection with a two-month crime wave.
Albany Police Captain Eric Carter says it began in April with a series of residential burglaries in Albany and another in nearby Jefferson. Investigators say it didn't take long to escalate with:
* The April 17, 2014, robbery of the Circle K convenience store located at 333 SE 34th Avenue in Albany. A store clerk reported that a male subject entered the store at about 3:50 a.m. armed with a handgun and robbed her.
* The May 7, 2014, sexual assault of an adult female that took place in an apartment in the 900 block of SE 18th Avenue in Albany. The victim reported that a male subject entered her apartment through a second floor balcony door armed with a handgun and sexually assaulted her. Following the sexual assault the subject forced the victim at gun point to drive to an area credit union and withdraw money from her account.
* The May 13, 2014, fatal shooting which happened at the Brookshore Apartments located in the 1600 block of SE 15th Avenue in Albany. On that date officers responded to the apartment complex at about 2:00 a.m., after receiving a call from an 8-year old child who reported that his mother was bleeding. Officers found 36-year old Albany resident Angela Esther Stephenson dead from a gun-shot wound.
Lucius Wilson was arrested June 2nd, is currently lodged in the Linn County Jail on the following charges:
- Count 1: Murder - With a Firearm
- Count 2: Burglary in the First Degree - With a Firearm
- Count 3: Burglary in the First Degree
- Count 4: Rape in the First Degree - With a Firearm
- Count 5: Kidnapping in the Second Degree - With a Firearm
- Count 6: Robbery in the First Degree - With a Firearm
- Count 7: Burglary in the First Degree - With a Firearm
- Count 8: Burglary in the First Degree
- Count 9: Robbery in the First Degree - With a Firearm
- Count 10: Burglary in the First Degree
- Count 11: Theft in the First Degree
- Count 12: Burglary in the First Degree
This investigation is on-going. Anyone with information related to this investigation or Lucius Wilson is asked to call the Albany Police Detective Unit at 541-917-7686.