It's always good to try to stay as healthy as possible to protect ourselves from illness, and one way to do that is by boosting our immune systems through proper nutrition. Here are some of the foods you can add to your diet to improve immunity.
- Garlic- Stimulates white blood cells and other immune cells to fight viruses and infections. For the biggest boost try it raw and finely minced in dressings or dips..
- Mushrooms- With Selenium and B vitamins, mushrooms help boost your immune system.
- Oysters- Contain more zinc than any other food and zinc has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Kefir- Is a cultured, fermented drink that's packed with probiotics, which help lower infection rates and support immune system health.
- Sunflower seeds- Are fullof vitamin E, which helps boost immunity.
- Guava- Has 350% more vitamin C than an orange, and it’s loaded with vitamin A, lycopene, fiber, and vitamin K, too.
- Yogurt- A great source of probiotics to protect your immune system.
- Asparagus- Is a prebiotic, which is the food needed for probiotics in the gut to survive.
- Lentils- This legume is full of zinc, iron and folate, a B-vitamin that is naturally present in many foods.