Retailers all over the country are recommending customers ship holiday gifts early this year, partly because of supply chain issues, the Postal Service slowing down and lack of workers. So, better to be safe than sorry and not have your packages arrive on time.
Shipping deadlines to know:
- FedEx last day to ship something ground economy and have it arrive in time for Christmas Day is December 9th
- FedEx deadline for ground and home deliveries is December 15th
- FedEx same day delivery on the 24th.
- UPS says check their website for a quote on ground shipping
- Second-day shipping must be in the mail by December 21st and next-day by the 23rd as UPS is closed on the 25th
- The U.S. Postal Service says letters, greeting cards and small first class packages should be mailed by December 17th
- Priority Mail deadline is December 18th
- Deadline to use Priority Mail Express service if they're willing to pay extra is December 23rd
The typical guarantee of exact delivery is non-existent due to the supply chain issues, so send earlier than the deadlines to be safe.