We all know eating too close to bed time isn't a great idea, however if you struggle with sleep you might try these snacks.
- Pumpkin Seeds - they're kinda like nature's Ambien. The magnesium in pumpkin seeds helps to calm and lull you off to sleep. 1/4 cup should do ya.
- Popcorn - Serotonin is mainly produced in the gut so eating high-fiber food like popcorn can boost the growth of serotonin.
- Tart Cherries - helps to raise your Melatonin levels. (BTW if you haven't tried OTC Melatonin that might work for you. Personally it gives me headaches, but works for many people.
- Salmon - Loaded with all manner of good stuff like omega-3's antioxidants and B vitamins, but it's the vitamin D that helps ya sleep
- Yogurt - Research shows that probiotic-filled fermented dairy like yogurt can lead to lower levels of cortisol. Cortisol is the nasty stress hormone that has ya wired and awake
GOOD LUCK. Sweet Dreams!