- Turn off your notifications - If you’re not working and don’t need to respond to your boss’ “urgent” requests, then silence or snooze some of your apps with push notifications so you don’t get distracted from the fun you’re having in real life.
- Set a tech schedule - It may be unrealistic for you to go a day without checking email, so set aside an hour every day for the task and ignore it the rest of the time. You can do this with other apps you could ignore, Apple’s new Downtime feature can help because it grays out apps after you reach a pre-set time limit. ALSO Setting a tech schedule for the kids at the beginning of the week gets any backtalk out of the way.
- Shift your media diet - Read an actual newspaper or good ol' fashioned book in front of the fireplace. Have a nice cup of tea and you got some serious cozy going on.
- Go analog with your musings - If you’re trying to disconnect but still feel like sharing your thoughts try writing them down in a journal instead. You won’t get any online meanies commenting plust research shows that journaling can help make you happier.
- Do something where you can’t bring your phone - Sign up for a yoga class, go to a holiday concert, or take the family to the movies for some bonding - none of which require you to use technology.
these awesome tips came from Well and Good.