Did you know that Oregon has the 2nd highest rate of unsheltered homeless people in the country?
Rose Haven is the only day shelter and community center in Multnomah County supporting those who are women, children and marginalized genders. We know the greatest contributors to homelessness for women in Oregon include domestic and sexual violence, unaffordable housing, wage inequity, and mental and physical disabilities. We also know that each person’s experience is unique and layered, and that those impacted need a helping hand to navigate the complexities of their worlds.
Stacey and Mike wanted to get the word out that Rose Haven has recently opened their brand new day shelter and community center at 1740 NW Glisan. As night shelters are at capacity, their low-barrier drop-in model bridges the gaps in services. For many women and children, Rose Haven is the first step in asking for help and starting to heal.
- At-the-door support including nutritious food, water, emergency clothing, diapers, wipes, hygiene & menstrual products, rain and outdoor gear, mail service, pet food and other needed items
- Showers, bathrooms, and handwashing sink usage inside
- Outdoor supplies including tents, tarps, sleeping bags
- Additional direct service allocations for medical emergencies, storage fees, rental applications, utility bills, phones, transportation, and education + employment costs
- Advocacy and emotional support for those feeling anxious during this uncertain time
Rose Haven’s has limited ability to accept gently used supplies and clothing, but there are certain things we can ALWAYS use:
- Seasonally Appropriate Clothing
- Plus Sized Clothing (2x and up)
- Sleeping Bags and Tarps
- Tennis Shoes
- Rolling carts and suitcases
- Pet supplies
*All donations are subject to staff approval and donation guidelines may change.
New items greatly needed :
- Shampoo & Conditioner (travel size is ideal)
- Pocket Tissues
- Soap and Body Wash
- Toothbrushes & Toothpaste
- Body Wipes
- Black Haircare Products
- Makeup (very low on eyeliner and mascara)
- Hair Styling Products and Dye
- First Aid Supplies
- Sunscreen/sunblock (Please read this before donating.)
- Body Lotion (travel size ideal)
- Diapers (size 5 and up and pull ups)
- Batteries (AAA, AA)
- Baby wipes
Thank you for being part of Stacey and Mike's Helping Hands. If you have a local non-profit that could use some extra love right now please let us know.